A perfect bay to learn windsurfing & to ride the Red Sea
No matter if you are young or old, complete beginner or you are already power-jibing:
WE HAWA YOU UP!
Hawa means Wind in Arabic
ON A GLANCE:
Ride to the lagoon & enjoy the view!
- Enjoy choppy water & waves up to 1,5 m
- Designated Windsurf area at the 700 m long beach - but only 20 meters away from station
- An island with flat water is just 1 km away - a perfect short trip! Or join a 6 km trip to Tobia Island!
- Private lessons available
- Well maintained equipment - FANATIC boards & NORTH sails
Superb Conditions for Beginners!
- A lot of space in shallow water
- Save environment- designated area
- Private or semi-private courses
- Experienced instructors
- No matter if you are young or old, we will get you safely on the board to explore the joy of windsurfing!
Wind & Weather
Average Wind speed of 15 knots in warm water with bright sunshine!
- More than 300 wind days
- Steady sideshore wind
- Thermal winds make the wind 2-3 knots stronger than what the wind stations predict
- Average water temperature of 23˚
- Average air temperature of 28˚ C
Find out more: Wind & Weather
Our windsurf courses are being taught by our experienced windsurf instructors at the hotel beach.
Stages of teaching are:
- Introduction on the beach on equipment, safety, balancing on the board & how to control the sail
- In the shallow water you start practicing balancing, sail control and how to change direction
- Together with the instructor you ride into the Bay and experience yourself riding on choppy water
- Once you feel comfortable you make a trip with the instructor to the close by island that has crystal clear shallow wate
- You start professionalizing yourself by learning basic tricks like the "jibe", how to change direction quickly & in a stylish way!
At different stages you will be provided with different board and sail sizes and eventually with a harness. It all depends on your individual progress and comfort, while keeping your safety as the first priority
Board & Sail Rental
Windsurf Riders and those who want to practice their skills at the Red Sea, benefit from a magnificant spot at Safaga Bay, right there where our station is located!
- Our experienced staff will help you choosing the right board & sail size according to the wind condition
- According to the wind conditions, you can change board and sail size anytime
- We have a great range of “North” Sales and “FANATIC” boards
Beginner Board - Rental Prices
|1 hour||15 €|
|2 hours||25 €|
|3 hours||35 €|
|1 day||40 €|
|10 hours (during 1 week)||100 €|
|1 week||180 €|
|1 day||5 €|
|1 week||30 €|
|Insurance covers sail and board damages but no fin loosing or fin damage|